Suzuki Motor Corporation has developed a free-ofcharge*1 smartphone application called the Suzuki Diagnostic System Mobile (SDSM), which enables easy acquirement of outboard engine information for the user.
SDSM is an application specially designed for outboards, which is aimed to enhance customer satisfaction in aftersales service. Upon the maintenance of an outboard, SDSM lets the user read engine information to a smartphone, just by reading the QR Codes displayed on the Multi-function Gauge (MFG)*2. In addition, by attaching the engine information to an e-mail and sending it to a service staff, diagnosis by a service staff using special tools upon arrival would no longer be needed. This enables quicker after-sales service.
SDSM is applicable to all fuel-injected Suzuki outboards that can be installed with MFG, and its release has started for iPhone (timing varies between areas). Release for Android™ is also scheduled, subsequently.
Features of Suzuki Diagnostic System Mobile
1. Acquirement of outboard engine information
– The user can acquire engine information easily with a smartphone and attach it to an e-mail and send it to a service staff. The service staff will be able to identify the exact situation of the outboard form that engine information.
2. Quicker after-sales service
– Since the special tool for acquiring engine information is no longer needed, work efficiency would enhance, enabling quicker after-sales service.
3. Usage record of outboard can be checked
– Usage record of outboard such as operating hours per RPM and operating hours since the last engine oil change can be checked.
Overview of Suzuki Diagnostic System Mobile
– Available area: Worldwide (timing varies between areas)
– Language variation: English/Japanese
– Applicable outboard: From DF9.9B to DF350A
– Applicable OS: iOS 9.0 or above*3 and Android 4.0.3 or above (scheduled*4)
For more information on Suzuki’s new DF350A or their full line of 4-stroke outboard motors from 2.5 to 350 horsepower, please visit www.suzukimarine.co.za or contact Tanja Maes at email@example.com.