Suzuki Motor Corporation announced the launch of new Suzuki Precision Control, a renewed electronic throttle and shift system, which starts the engines with one push of a button, at the Cannes Yachting Festival 2021. Suzuki also announced a software update of the color LCD Suzuki Multi-Function Gauge. The festival is held in Cannes, southeast France from 7 to 12 September 2021.
New Suzuki Precision Control
- The features and design of the Suzuki Precision Control, which electronically controls the throttle opening, shift position (forward, reverse, etc.), have been completely renewed.
- For the 2-lever dual top mount controller (for multiple outboards), the maximum number of outboard motors that can be operated with a single controller has been increased from 4 to 6, responding to the requests of customers who rig multiple outboard motors to their boat. In addition, Suzuki’s first “1 lever mode” feature has been added, which allows all outboard motors to be controlled with only the port side lever, for better usability.
- Suzuki’s first automatic trim system, which automatically adjusts the tilt of the outboard motor to the appropriate angle while driving, has been adopted for a more comfortable boating and better fuel economy, regardless of user skill.
- The controller and switch panels have been designed with a black keynote, giving it a unified and chic look.
Suzuki Multi-Function Gauge
- The software for the color LCD Suzuki Multi-Function Gauge, which displays crucial information for driving the boat such as engine rpm and shift position, has been updated to be compatible with the Automatic Trim system and the new Keyless Start System.
- Language options for the menu screen has been updated to 14 languages.