Designed to Deliver
Showcasing Suzuki’s advanced technologies and designs, Suzuki’sflagship DF250AP outboard has been recognized twice as the most innovative outboard in the industry. The original DF250AP was launched as the world’s first 220.7kW (300PS) 4-stroke outboard and was acknowledged for this by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) with its 2006 Innovation Award.
The new DF250AP incorporates several new features, the most notable being Suzuki Selective Rotation. By strengthening the lower unit’s forward and reverse gearing, Suzuki engineers have designed a lower unit for the DF250AP that will run in either right or left rotation.
With this world’s first feature, the DF250AP was recognized once again with the 2012 NMMA Innovation Award. Advanced features like Suzuki Selective Rotation, Suzuki Precision Control, and Suzuki Lean Burn Control, plus big V6 power combine to provide boaters with outstanding performance and great convenience.
The addition of Suzuki’s Lean Burn Control technology as well as a new Oxygen (O2) Feedback Control System provide boaters with a dramatic improvement in fuel economy as well as environmental friendly operation, further enhancing the overall performance and value of the DF250AP, Suzuki’s flagship outboard motor. Initial tests show the new DF250AP to be 14% more economical than the previous DF250AP without sacrificing on any of the power for which the original model was already famous. In essence – the best is about to get a whole lot better!
- 4.0-liter V6 engine features a 24-valve double overhead cam and VVT (Variable Valve Timing) to deliver plenty of power and torque.
- New lower unit features the Suzuki Selective Rotation System which integrates both regular and counter-rotation gears allowing the engine to be programmed to operate in either direction.
- Suzuki’s Precision Control (Electronic Throttle and Shift System) offers smooth and positive gear operation.
- Suzuki’s Lean Burn Control system allows engine operation on a leaner, more efficient fuel mixture and delivers its benefits over a wide operating range. Combined with Suzuki Precision Control it delivers remarkable fuel economy over a wide operating range.
- An O2 Sensor Feedback Control system controls the air to fuel ratio across the engine’s entire operating range optimizing fuel consumption for cleaner, more stable emissions.
- Two-way water inlet increases water flow for greater cooling efficiency and shallow water operation.
- Suzuki Troll Mode system offers finer control over engine speed at low rpms and is optionally available.
Lean Burn control system
Suzuki’s Lean Burn Fuel Control Technology predicts fuel needs according to operating conditions, then delivers the optimum fuel/air mixture to the engine resulting in greater fuel economy.
Self-adjusting timing chain
Simple, effective and maintenance free timing chain that runs in an oil-bath so it never needs lubricating and equipped with a hydraulic tensioner so it remains properly adjusted at all times.
Variable Valve Timing (VVT)
The system is controlled by hydraulic pressure from the oil pump and the process happens automatically so all you have to do is enjoy the power and performance.
Multi-stage induction enhances the engines performance by allowing the right amount of air into the cylinder resulting in higher power output during high speed operation.
Suzuki Selective Rotation
Selective rotation offers a more robust gearing in the lower unit enabling the prop to rotate in both directions.
Suzuki Precision Control
This technologically advanced system gives smooth, precise control with crisp, immediate shifting particularly at low revs when manoeuvring and helps improve fuel efficiency.
Largest reduction gear ratio in its class
A large reduction gear ratio leads to powerful torque for quick acceleration and great top-end speed.
Offset drive shaft
The offset drive allows us to make our outboard engines smaller by moving the outboards centre of gravity forward, improving weight distribution, power output, balance and reduces vibration.
ULTRA ULTRA LONG
DRIVE BY WIRE
The Lean Burn Control System supplies the right fuel and air mixture depending on the navigation conditions.
- Significant improvement in fuel economy in all speed ranges especially at cruising speed.
- Fuel is saved and gasoline costs are cut thanks to improved fuel economy.
SELF-ADJUSTING TIMING CHAIN
The timing chain runs in an oil-bath so it never needs lubricating, and is equipped with an automatic hydraulic tensioner so it remains properly adjusted at all times.
- More durability compared to belt types of same class.
SUZUKI WATER DETECTING SYSTEM
It helps protect the engine from water in the fuel using a water detecting fuel filter to alert the operator with both visual and audio warnings when water is present in the fuel.
- Can avoid water in fuel, which can lead to issues like poor combustion, lower power output and corrosion.
SUZUKI SELECTIVE ROTATION
Function for selecting regular or counter rotation on one outboard with an optional connector.
- Either regular or counter rotation can be used on the same outboard.
SUZUKI PRECISION CONTROL (ELECTRONIC THROTTLE AND SHIFT SYSTEMS)
Operation from the remote control is delivered to outboard via an electric signal and not by the traditional mechanical control cables.
- Less friction and resistance compared to mechanical type that uses control cables.
- Quick and reliable operation.
- Lean Burn integration offers improved fuel efficiency.
|Shaft Length:||X:635 XX:762 (mm)|
|Weight:||X:274.0 XX:279.0 (kg)|
|Engine Type:||DOHC 24 Valve|
|Counter Rotation Model:||Available (X and XX models only)|
|Fuel Delivery System:||Multi Point Sequential|
|Electronic Fuel Injection|
|No. of Cylinders:||V6 (55-degree)|
|Piston Displacement:||4,028 (cm3)|
|Bore x Stroke:||98 x 89 (m/m)|
|Maximum Output:||220.7 (kW)|
|Full Throttle Operating Range:||5,700 – 6,300 (rpm)|
|Oil Pan Capacity:||8.0 (L)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity:||–|
|Engine Mounting:||Shear Mount|
|Trim Method :||Power Trim and Tilt|
|Exhaust:||Through Prop Hub Exhaust|
|Propeller Selection (Pitch):||17” – 27.5”|
50 YEARS EXPERIENCE
50 years of leading the way in innovation – from bringing the down thrust propeller system to market in 1965, to introducing the world’s first 300HP V6 4-Stroke outboard in 2006.
PEACE OF MIND
As well as offering a three-year leisure or 1-year commercial warranty on all of our 4-stroke outboards, we also have a nationwide network of Suzuki Authorised Dealers who are always on hand to provide support wherever you are, whenever you need it.
As every engine in our range is designed specifically for the rigours of marine use our 4-Stroke outboards provide quiet, fuel-efficient and reliable technology whilst delivering market-leading power and performance.